The University of Tennessee has shaped the future of higher education for over 200 years. We are among the top-ranked national public universities in the country. That’s because we are dedicated to ensuring that students get a strong education that will help them meet their professional and personal goals.
As a future freshman of the College of Architecture and Design, you will get to uncover the exciting world of design. Our world-class faculty are committed to teaching students ways to best prepare for rewarding careers. Our community environment, where collaboration and camaraderie are central to the Architecture + Design experience, will help you meet new people, make long-life friends, and get involved in your education and have fun doing it.
Want to learn more? Schedule an academic visit.
Steps to apply:
- Apply to the University by December 15; however, the priority deadline for admission is November 1. Students who submit their applications for admission by November 1 will be eligible to apply for competitive scholarships and, if they meet eligibility criteria, Honors and Scholars programs. The deadline to submit competitive scholarships and Honors and Scholars program applications is December 15.
- Indicate “Architecture” or “Interior Architecture” on the application.
- Admission to the college is selective and based on the following criteria:
GPA (High School)
ACT / SAT Score
Review of academic records
Portfolio Score (Optional Architecture Only)
- We do not admit students to begin the program in the Spring semester.
- The deadline to submit applications for admission is November 1 for consideration for admission to Architecture or Interior Architecture.