Positions at the UT College of Architecture and Design
Executive Assistant to the Dean (Administrative Specialist II) | APPLY HERE
• Carry out administrative functions to assist in the efficient operation of the Office
of the Dean, answering phone calls, and email inquiries from the CoAD Dean account, handling incoming mail and coordinate correspondence, and prepare agendas and meeting minutes.
• Prioritize and schedule meetings with various ranking internal and external administrators and alumni
• Responsible for the processing of faculty Promotion and Tenure Dossiers
• Responsible for the administrative coordination and logistics of faculty and exempt searches
• Logistically responsible for overseeing specific college events including Board of Advisors Meeting, and college commencement ceremony
• Experience working with upper administration support staff and high ranking officials from external constituencies
• Able to maintain high level of confidentiality in regards to all incoming and outgoing correspondence and sensitive information regarding all topics.
• Responsible for Deans travel arrangements to conferences, conventions, workshops, and development events
• Maintain and publish monthly college calendars
• Maintain files (paper and electronic) and filing all important college documents including accreditation paperwork, searches, promotion and tenure, faculty files, and other
• Perform other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s Degree with three (3) years professional administrative assistant experience; OR High School Diploma and ten (10) years professional administrative assistant experience. Candidate must have exceptional organizational skills; ability to work multiple projects simultaneously; ability to work independently with minimum supervision. Must have exceptional written composition skills to produce accurate and concise documents including meeting minutes, emails, and ability to create and maintain detailed filing system, both electronic and paper. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and basic web functions. Must have the ability to articulate information and interact with diverse groups (faculty/students/staff, and external constituencies), and audience in person, over the phone, and in writing.
Must be able to work professionally in a fast paced, high stress, front office environment. Must work well with other staff and be a team player.