HBG Design in Memphis–Summer Internship in Architecture
HBG Design is currently seeking two Architectural Summer Interns to join us in Memphis, Tennessee. As an Architectural Summer Intern, you are responsible for performing basic architectural assignments by receiving specific and detailed instruction as to tasks required and results expected. Our internships give you an excellent immersion in a real-world work experience in our integrated Architecture and Interior Design firm. From your first day, you will be a part of a project team and receive mentorship and guidance throughout your internship. We also provide opportunities for REVIT training and in-depth photoshop training as well as invitations to special presentations by visiting presenters. Your mentor will support you in tracking your AXP hours during your 12-week internship. Program begins approximately 10 days after your Spring semester ends and continues through 10 days before your fall semester begins. HBG does not provide housing; however, we can provide leads on appropriate student housing and nearby short-term rentals within walking distance to our downtown office.
- Currently enrolled in an architecture program – preference given to 4th year students; however, 3rd year students are also invited to apply; M Arch students are also invited to apply.
- Previous internships within the A/E/C field preferred.
- Prepare and modify architectural documents, elevations, sections, details, etc. as directed by others utilizing REVIT.
- Develop solutions to technical and design problems following established standards.
- Incorporate Integrated Sustainable Design solutions into projects.
- Prepare 2D and 3D presentation/design drawings.
- Possess basic hand and REVIT/BIM drafting skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Basic knowledge in Revit is preferred.
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketchup, and InDesign graphic software preferred.
- Ability to effectively meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work in team environment.
To apply for this position, follow the link and submit your resume and portfolio for consideration: https://goo.gl/Jjdrhz