The College of Architecture and Design congratulates our 2017 graduates.
College Commencement/Hooding Reception and Student Showcase
Friday, May 12, 2017 · 12:00-2:00 p.m. · A+A Building and Humanities Grove
College Commencement and Hooding
Friday, May 12, 2017 · 3:00 p.m. · Thompson-Boling Arena · Tickets are not required
- January 11: Commencement Info Session, 5:30 p.m., A+A Bldg., Rm.103 A
- MANDATORY by February 10: Student Information Sheet 2017 to Jennifer Flatford, A+A Bldg., Rm. 217
- MANDATORY by February 10: RSVP for commencement and reception (See your student information sheet)
- February 28, March 1-2: Grad Finale (Student Union Atrium G2, 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.): One-stop shop with 20% discount on caps and gowns; students also can conveniently order most hoods, cords, and stoles during these days. See below.
- Day-of Commencement Information
- Parking at Thompson-Boling Arena
- Bookstore/VolShop Grad Finale:
- Cap, Gown, and Hood: https://shop.utk.edu/c-334-graduation-supplies.aspx
- Interior Design Hoods: Available to borrow from the college. To purchase, visit http://www.academicapparel.com/caps/regalia_colors.html
- Class Rings, Graduation Announcements, Diploma Frames: http://www.jostens.com/apps/store/customer/1041120/University-of-Tennessee/
- Career Day:
- General Information:
- Graduation: http://registrar.utk.edu/graduation.shtml
- Graduation Ceremonies: http://registrar.utk.edu/graduation/commencement/spring17_cer.shtml
- Deadlines to Apply for Graduation: http://registrar.utk.edu/graduation/deadlines_to_apply.shtml
- Steps to Graduation (Undergraduates): http://registrar.utk.edu/graduation/undergraduate/index.shtml
- Steps to Graduation (Graduates): http://gradschool.utk.edu/graduation/
- Summer Graduates Word Doc: http://registrar.utk.edu/graduation/summer_grads.shtml
- Out-of-town Guests of Graduates: http://registrar.utk.edu/graduation/hotel_links.shtml
Details about Commencement
- Details about commencement can be found at utk.edu/commencement.
- The college’s commencement on May 12 includes hooding and is a rather intimate ceremony for the estimated 100 graduates of the College of Architecture and Design and their 900 guests. This ceremony includes welcoming comments, short speeches by elected student speakers from each degree program, hooding, and conferring of diplomas.
- Commencement will last approximately 1.5 hours; tickets are not required.
- A reception at the A+A Building and nearby Humanities Grove will be held on May 12, noon-2 p.m. Graduating students will have the opportunity to exhibit their work at the reception. The reception is for graduates, families and friends.
- Some student organizations have special graduation regalia, such as honor cords or stoles. If you are a member of an organization, your president or designated officer will let you know what to order or rent.
- The Office of the Dean will order cords for the following: Summa Cum Laude, Magna Cum Laude, and Cum Laude.
- Students who do not plan to participate in commencement also have requirements before receiving their diplomas. Please visit utk.edu/commencement or call Jennifer Flatford, 865-974-5267, for details.
- Eligible summer graduates can participate in spring or fall commencement ceremonies. Details are at http://registrar.utk.edu/graduation/summer_grads.shtml.
- The University of Tennessee offers a university-wide graduate hooding ceremony on Thursday, May 11, 2017, 7 p.m., Thompson-Boling Arena. This is for 2017 M. Arch and MLA graduates, families and friends. Tickets are not required. Details on graduate/master-level deadlines are at http://gradschool.utk.edu/graduation/graduation-deadlines/.
Contact Jennifer Flatford, firstname.lastname@example.org, 865-974-5267.