Scholarships and other awards are monitored through the Financial Aid Office. The Business Office of the College of Architecture and Design oversees execution of internal scholarships. To be eligible for either university scholarships or college scholarships you must:
- Complete a scholarship application by November 1 for freshman applicants or February 1 for transfer and continuing students.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) if you would like to be considered for financial need. This should be submitted to the federal processing center no later than February 15 . The FAFSA can be completed online. Tennessee residents must submit the FAFSA in order to be eligible to receive the Tennessee Educational Lottery Scholarship (HOPE Scholarship, or TELS).
Most scholarships awards are based upon a student’s demonstrated academic and/or creative talents. Some scholarships are automatically awarded to students who have excellent high school grades and test scores, or demonstrated financial need. Others require a separate written application or an audition.
- INCOMING FRESHMEN: UT’s competitive scholarships offered by the Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships and by colleges and departments are awarded based upon completion of the scholarship portion of the Application for Admission & Scholarships, which must be submitted by November 1. The online application.
- CONTINUING + TRANSFER STUDENTS: The undergraduate scholarship application is available here. It must be submitted by February 1 to be considered for university or college scholarships.
- GRADUATE STUDENTS: Applicants and current students should complete this scholarship form and submit in person to Peggy Melvin in room 224 of the Art + Architecture Building, or by mail at 1715 Volunteer Blvd, Knoxville, TN 37996, ATTN: Scholarships. The deadline is February 1. See the Graduate School website for other opportunities.
SPECIAL SCHOLARSHIPS: Previously, three scholarships–the SRR & Associates, PC African American Scholarship; Hubert Bebb Scholarship; and Goodstein Technical Draftsman Award–required separate applications. These scholarships now are included in the undergraduate scholarship application.
All students who receive a scholarship must write a letter of appreciation to the individual or organization who made the award possible, as well as attend the annual awards dinner, Honors Convocation. Students who receive scholarships will be sent details about these activities.
Urban Sustainability Summer Program | The Green Program
Remember CollegeBoard? You may have used this platform for kickstarting your initial college search, looking into financial aid options, or preparing for the SATs. Our team certainly does! They recently posted a blog on how to “Encourage students to make the most…Read More »
Islamic Scholarship Fund | Deadline April 4th
ISF is accepting scholarship applications through April 4, 2016 and support majors in the humanities, social sciences, liberal arts, architecture and law. Apply TODAY! Requirements: Muslim or active member of the Muslim community; Enrollment at an accredited university in the U.S. by…Read More »
Boulder Associates Architects, Boulder, CO | 3-month summer internship program
Boulder Associates Architects are recruiting for talented, motivated architecture students entering their final year or graduating from a professional degree program (M Arch or B Arch), for a challenging three-month summer internship in beautiful Boulder, CO. The firm has hired…Read More »
San Gemini Preservation Studies | Excavations of Roman Baths
EXCAVATIONS OF THE BATHS AT ROMAN CARSULAE (ITALY) June 12 – July 23, 2016 and related programs: Restoration and Analysis of Archaeological Ceramics May 30 – June 24, 2016 Athens: Heritage and Modernity Exploration of the coexistence between historic and…Read More »
AIA NJ | 2016 Scholarship
Calling all northern NJ residents… Scholarships are available to NJ residents who are attending an NAAB accredited school of architecture and who’s permanent residence is in one of the following counties: Bergan, Hudson, Passaic, or Sussex.Read More »