How to Use the Virtual Computer Lab
- Stop by Rm. 309, the Digital Print Center, to check out a virtual workstation. If necessary, put your name on a waitlist.
- Connect to AC power and LCD. Press start button if necessary.
- Wait for the Remote Desktop Connection dialogue to appear (may take a moment), then click Connect.
- If the virtual workstation hardware you checked out has trouble connecting to the virtual machine, email both Jeff and Don.
- Right‐click virtual Windows menu and select Sign out. Wait for signout to complete.
- Right‐click Windows menu and select Shut down.
- All machines are due back to the Digital Print Center by 10 a.m. the following morning.
- Each virtual computer workstation will cease to function at 10 a.m. on the day it is due back to the DPC. It will be re-enabled once DPC staff have checked it back in. This practice helps us ensure all students who need virtual machines are able to get them in a timely manner.
- If no students’ names are on the waitlist, you can keep the machine another day.
- The virtual computer lab workstation hardware will function only within the A+A building.
- Due to licensing restrictions, there are no Adobe applications installed on the virtual workstations.