Alumni Update: Design Matters! Camp Set for July 9-14
What is Design Matters! Camp?
Design Matters! Camp is a summer experience for high school students interested in architecture and design. Now in its ninth year, DM!C challenges creative, curious and motivated young people through an immersive week-long experience on campus to learn more about the design profession and the College of Architecture and Design.
How can I help?
Alumni can help Design Matters! Camp continue to grow by
- telling colleagues about it
- encouraging high school students to attend
- sponsoring a student through a camp scholarship (contact Julie Beckman, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- underwriting the cost of printed materials or of campers’ toolkit items
- opening your firm’s doors for a group tour (local firms).
How do students register?
Registration is open for the 2017 camp, which is set for July 9-14: archdesign.utk.edu/design-matters-camp. New this year, both overnight and day-camp options are available.
During the week, students are engaged in a variety of activities that challenge their thinking about design, hands-on instruction in design, field trips to area locations for design interpretation and activities on the UT campus. They will learn more about design thinking and the many career options open to graduates of the UT College of Architecture and Design.
How can I learn more?
For details, visit archdesign.utk.edu/design-matters-camp or contact Julie Beckman, director of Student Development, at email@example.com, 865-974-3258.