We have a history of collaboration with industry partners. The 50-year success of the college is due in part to engaged members of the profession who partner with us. Currently, four advocacy boards comprised of committed alumni, outstanding practitioners and representatives from related industries serve the college and its three schools.
The members of the advocacy boards help establish standards of excellence that assure students are prepared to meet the future demands of the architecture, interior architecture and landscape architecture professions. Specifically, the boards
- Guide and advise on maintenance and development of programs
- Support the dean and academic directors
- Influence strategic direction
- Engage with students
- Provide financial support in support of the college’s mission
- Attend major events and advocate for fundraising
- Serve as ambassadors for the college in the community and industry
Dean’s Advocacy Board | Scott Poole, Dean
- George Ewart, Chair, George Armour Ewart Architect
- David Bailey, Hastings Architecture Associates
- Rick Boyd, Clayton Homes
- Margaret Butler, McCarty Holsaple McCarty Architects & Interior Designers
- Farrell Calabrese, Eastman Inc.
- Joseph Cole, Gensler
- Craig Daniel, Johnson & Galyon Construction
- Phil Enquist, Skidmore, Owings & Merrill
- David Epstein, Gensler
- Greg Haye, LM Industries
- Kelly Headden, BarberMcMurry Architects
- Mark Kinser, General Shale
- Lindsey Waldrep, Crossville Inc.
Architecture Advocacy Board | Jason Young, Director of School of Architecture
- Rick Gardner, HBG Design
- Todd Hilbert, Earl Swensson Associates
- Brent Hughes, Gresham, Smith & Partners
- John Palk, Sesco Lighting
- Don Reynolds, Perkins & Will
- Josh Shelton, el dorado, inc.
Interior Architecture Advocacy Board | David Matthews, Director of School of Interior Architecture
Landscape Architecture Advocacy Board | Gale Fulton, Director of School of Landscape Architecture