We have a history of collaboration with industry partners. The 50-year success of the college is due in part to engaged members of the profession who partner with us. Currently, four advocacy boards comprised of committed alumni, outstanding practitioners and representatives from related industries serve the college and its three schools.
The members of the advocacy boards help establish standards of excellence that assure students are prepared to meet the future demands of the architecture, interior architecture and landscape architecture professions. Specifically, the boards
- Guide and advise on maintenance and development of programs
- Support the dean and academic directors
- Influence strategic direction
- Engage with students
- Provide financial support in support of the college’s mission
- Attend major events and advocate for fundraising
- Serve as ambassadors for the college in the community and industry
Dean’s Advocacy Board | Scott Poole, Dean
- David Epstein, Chair, Gensler
- David Bailey, HASTINGS Architecture
- Rick Boyd, Clayton Homes
- Margaret Butler, McCarty Holsaple McCarty Architects & Interior Designers
- Joseph Cole, Design With Culture
- Craig Daniel, Johnson & Galyon Construction
- George Ewart, George Armour Ewart Architect
- Bob Feathers, Workspace Interiors
- Gregory Haye, AirTech
- Kelly Headden, BarberMcMurry Architects
- Mike Hillman, General Shale
- Trevor Lee, HDR Inc.
- John Moon, Daikin Applied Georgia
- John Murray, AGC Glass Company North America
- Frances Petty, Bill Hanks Lumber Co.
- Pamela Rainey, Shaw Residential
- Marc Rowland, TMPartners, PLLC
- Victoria Sanville, LG Electronics
- Johnny Scotello, Local Motors by LMI
- Lindsey Waldrep, Crossville Inc.
Architecture Advocacy Board | Jason Young, Director of School of Architecture
- Rick Gardner, HBG Design
- Todd Hilbert, Earl Swensson Associates
- Brent Hughes, Gresham, Smith & Partners
- John Palk, Sesco Lighting
- Don Reynolds, Gresham Smith & Partners
- Josh Shelton, el dorado, inc.
Interior Architecture Advocacy Board | David Matthews, Director of School of Interior Architecture
Landscape Architecture Advocacy Board | Gale Fulton, Director of School of Landscape Architecture