All-College Brag + Boil 2018
April 30 @ 4:00 pm - 6:00 pmNo cost
Students, Faculty & Staff: It’s Time to Roll up Our Sleeves and Celebrate!
All students, faculty and staff in our college are invited to Brag + Boil, an end-of-the-year, all-college celebration! Some will receive awards, and we’ll all enjoy an authentic shrimp boil.
Monday, April 30
This is not just for people who are getting awards. We all deserve to celebrate the end of a school year! So come celebrate!
Why is it called Brag + Boil?
- Obviously, we’ll be braggin’ on you…a lot…and we’ll all be enjoying a roll-up-your-sleeves, bring-me-the-hand-sanitizer, no-plates-allowed authentic shrimp boil right here in the A+A.
Music! Food! Awards! It’s an end-of-the-year celebration no one in the college should miss. (Plus, it’s free!)
Q&A about Brag + Boil
- Do I need to RSVP? No need to RSVP, but you do need to show up. Don’t miss this fun, all-college celebration!
- I’m a vegetarian/I don’t like shrimp or sausage. Should I still come? Yes! We’ll have a vegetarian option for you. Plus desserts for you and everyone else.
- What should I wear? It’s a shrimp boil…and it’s Study Day…and your reviews are over…and this is a celebration with your friends…So be casual. Shorts, jeans and t-shirts are fine. Sundresses and khakis are fine, too. (Just know that liquid goodness might drip down your elbows as you enjoy the eats). Bibs will be provided. (Seriously.)
- Is this an annual thing? Our first Brag + Boil was in 2017, and it was such a hit, we knew we needed to do it again.
- Will we always have a shrimp boil? Not necessarily…this year, everyone who comes to Brag + Boil will have a vote in what next year’s “B” will be. Will it be “Brag + BBQ” or perhaps “Brag + Brats” or maybe “Brag + Blues?” Or you might overwhelmingly vote for another “Boil.” We’ll have lots of ideas for you, but be thinking about your favorite “B” food, too.
See you on April 30!
Thanks to Brian Nachtrab, 2nd-year student in the School of Architecture, for the Brag + Boil logo.
- April 30
4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
- No cost
- Amanda Johnson
- Art + Architecture Building
1715 Volunteer Boulevard
Knoxville, TN + Google Map