Participating Firms Registration + Information
We will host our annual Career Day on Friday, February 22, 2019 from 10 AM – 4 PM, and we invite firms to meet some of the country’s best and brightest students. All architecture, interior architecture/design, landscape architecture and allied industry firms are invited to attend.
What is Career Day?
An annual event, Career Day is a day-long opportunity for firms from across the country to connect with students from the College of Architecture and Design, who are seeking employment after graduation, looking for internships or simply looking for insights from professionals. About 200 students participate each year.
Where is Career Day held?
Career Day will be held in the new University of Tennessee Student Union – a recently completed multi-phase project for the campus located on Cumberland Avenue. Parking logistics will be shared prior to the event.
What types of packages are available and what is included in the price?
This year, we are offering two types of spaces for visiting with our students:
Standard Table Package ($350 early bird / $400 after January 18, 2019) This package includes an 8′ conference table with tablecloth, chairs for each of your representatives, wifi access, lunch for representatives and coffee/drinks and light fare throughout the day. If you need access to power, please indicate so in the “additional items” part of the registration. Power access is first come, first served. For conducting interviews, you may do so at your table, or you may use one of the high-top tables & stools located throughout the space; these are also first-come-first-served.
Premium Table Package – SOLD OUT!! ($450 early bird / $500 after January 18, 2019). This package includes an 8′ conference table and chairs for each of your representatives PLUS a dedicated high-top table and stools for conducting interviews; each table will have a tablecloth. In addition, wifi access, lunch for representatives and coffee/drinks and light fare throughout the day will be included. Not all premium spots are close to electrical outlets. If you need access to power, please indicate so in the “additional items” part of the registration. Power access is first come, first served.
All profits from Career Day go to the College of Architecture and Design, its students and student organizations.
For out-of-town firms needing hotel accommodations, rooms at a reduced rate ($98) have been put aside at the Hilton Knoxville in downtown. We have extended the rates to include both Thursday and Friday nights, February 21 and 22, 2019. Click on the link to make your reservation, or call the hotel directly at (865) 251-2573 and use the group code: COAD19.
How do I register for Career Day?
Register for Career Day. Please note that the University has moved to Handshake, a university student-employer recruiting platform. If you joined us last year, please log in with the email address that was associated with your former profile. The system will prompt you to verify the account and update your personal and employer profiles. If you are new this year, after clicking on the registration link, set up a brief employer profile before proceeding to the event form. You can find our event under the “FAIRS” menu item on the left and select University of Tennessee, Knoxville as your university of choice. Important: Please make sure to indicate whether you need electrical access and/or dietary accommodations. After you register, you’ll receive a confirmation e-mail. Please scroll down for more tips on registering.
We aren’t hiring right now. Should we participate?
Career Day is not just for hiring firms and students seeking employment. Career Day gives all of our students a chance to talk with professionals, get advice about their future and learn more about the profession. Even if you aren’t hiring, you will meet some of the best design students and lay groundwork for your firm’s future.
Will I see student work/resumes in advance?
About two weeks prior to Career Day, student resumes and portfolios will be made available to participating firms via a private-access link.
SESCO Reception, Thursday evening
The evening before Career Day (February 21, 2019), we will host a reception, 5:30-7:30 p.m., at Sapphire, 428 S. Gay Street, for all firms who are participating in Career Day. Be sure to note on your registration form whether you plan to attend. We thank Sesco Lighting for sponsoring the reception.
Notes about Registering
- Returning Users: Enter the username (full email address) you used for previous events to register. Handshake will prompt you to verify your account and set up a new password.
- First-time users and those who have forgotten their password: Look for options to set up account and/or reset password.
- Existing profiles are tied to the contact person who was listed in previous Career Days. You will need to link your personal profile to your company. You will be prompted to search for your company name. New registrants – please complete an employer account profile.
- On the gray menu to the left, click on the “Fairs” link, and on the following screen, search for fairs at University of Tennessee, Knoxville. Click on “2019 University of Tennessee College of Architecture + Design Career Day”
- Please make sure to indicate your logistical preferences for setting up, electrical access needs, whether you will attend the Thursday reception as well as any dietary restrictions. These items can be found immediately following the selection of a Standard or Premium table package.
- If you are having difficulty with any of the above, please contact Mary Mahoney in UT’s Center for Career Development at 865-974-7791 / email@example.com