Participating Firms Registration + Information
We will host our annual Career Day virtually on Friday, February 26, 2021 from 9 AM – 3 PM, and we invite firms to meet some of the country’s best and brightest students. All architecture, interior architecture/design, landscape architecture, graphic design and allied industry firms are invited to attend.
What is Career Day?
An annual event, Career Day is a day-long opportunity for firms from across the country to connect with students from the College of Architecture and Design, who are seeking employment after graduation, looking for internships or simply looking for insights from professionals. About 200 students participate each year.
Where is Career Day held?
For 2021, Career Day will be held virtually via Handshake.
What types of packages are available and what is included in the price?
This year, since we are virtual, we have one price for a virtual table ($250).
All profits from Career Day go to the College of Architecture and Design, its students and student organizations.
How do I register for Career Day?
Register for Career Day. Please note that the University uses Handshake, a university student-employer recruiting platform. If you joined us last year, please log in with the email address that was associated with your profile. The system will prompt you to verify the account and update your personal and employer profiles. If you are new this year, after clicking on the registration link, set up a brief employer profile before proceeding to the event form. You can find our event under the “FAIRS” menu item on the left and select University of Tennessee, Knoxville as your university of choice. After you register, you’ll receive a confirmation e-mail. Please scroll down for more tips on registering.
We aren’t hiring right now. Should we participate?
Career Day is not just for hiring firms and students seeking employment. Career Day gives all of our students a chance to talk with professionals, get advice about their future and learn more about the profession. Even if you aren’t hiring, you will meet some of the best design students and lay groundwork for your firm’s future.
Will I see student work/resumes in advance?
Handshake enables students to upload their resumes to share with you upon signing up for your sessions. Students will begin to register and sign up on February 8th.
Notes about Registering
- Returning Users: Enter the username (full email address) you used for previous events to register. Handshake will prompt you to verify your account and set up a new password.
- First-time users and those who have forgotten their password: Look for options to set up account and/or reset password.
- Existing profiles are tied to the contact person who was listed in previous Career Days. You will need to link your personal profile to your company. You will be prompted to search for your company name. New registrants – please complete an employer account profile.
- On the gray menu to the left, click on the “Fairs” link, and on the following screen, search for fairs at University of Tennessee, Knoxville. Click on “2021 University of Tennessee College of Architecture + Design Career Day”
- Please make sure to indicate your logistical preferences for setting up, electrical access needs, whether you will attend the Thursday reception as well as any dietary restrictions. These items can be found immediately following the selection of a Standard or Premium table package.
- If you are having difficulty with any of the above, please contact Mary Mahoney in UT’s Center for Career Development at 865-974-7791 / firstname.lastname@example.org