Participating Firms Registration + Information
We will host our annual Career Day in the UT Student Union on Friday, February 9, 2024 from 10 AM – 4 PM, and we invite firms to meet some of the country’s best and brightest students. All architecture, interior architecture/design, landscape architecture, graphic design and allied industry firms are invited to attend.
Join Dean Jason Young for a social reception from 6 to 8 p.m. Thursday, February 8, celebrating the college’s bold vision of vivid education that will enhance the Volunteer experience for future designers. The evening will include community and celebration as the College of Architecture and Design comes together before Career Day and launches the It Takes A Volunteer campaign. RSVP for the event.
What is Career Day?
An annual event, Career Day is a day-long opportunity for firms from across the country to connect with students from the College of Architecture and Design, who are seeking employment after graduation, looking for internships or simply looking for insights from professionals. About 200 students participate each year.
Where is Career Day held?
In 2024, Career Day will be held in the UT Student Union’s Pilot Company Ballroom and adjacent space (same spot as last few years)
What types of packages are available and what is included in the price?
We will be offering the following packages:
STANDARD TABLE // $500: LESS THAN 20 TABLES REMAIN. This package includes an 6′ conference table with 2 chairs in either the ballroom or adjacent space across lobby. There will be clusters of high-top tables and stools scattered throughout the ballroom which may be used on a first-come-first-served basis for interview purposes. Also included is wifi, access to power, coffee/light fare throughout the day and lunch for representatives.
PREMIUM TABLE // $600: SOLD OUT This package includes an 6′ conference table with 2 chairs in the ballroom as well as an adjacent, dedicated high-top table and two stools for interviews. Also included is wifi, access to power, coffee/light fare throughout the day and lunch for representatives.
ULTIMATE TABLE // $700: SOLD OUT This package includes a generously-sized area along the window wall. Includes an 6′ conference table with 2 chairs as well as an adjacent, dedicated high-top table and two stools for interviews. Also included is wifi, access to power, coffee/light fare throughout the day and lunch for representatives.
All profits from Career Day go to the College of Architecture and Design, its students and student organizations.
How do I register for Career Day?
Register for Career Day Please note that the University uses Handshake, a university student-employer recruiting platform. If you joined us in the past, please log in with the email address that was associated with your profile. The system will prompt you to verify the account and update your personal and employer profiles. If you are new this year, after clicking on the registration link, set up a brief employer profile before proceeding to the event form. You can find our event under the “FAIRS” menu item on the left and select University of Tennessee, Knoxville as your university of choice. After you register, you’ll receive a confirmation e-mail. Please scroll down for more tips on registering.
We aren’t hiring right now. Should we participate?
Career Day is not just for hiring firms and students seeking employment. Career Day gives all of our students a chance to talk with professionals, get advice about their future and learn more about the profession. Even if you aren’t hiring, you will meet some of the best design students and lay groundwork for your firm’s future.
Will I see student work/resumes in advance?
Yes. Resumes and portfolios will be made available to registered firms approximately 2 weeks prior to the event.
Notes about Registering
- Returning Users: Enter the username (full email address) you used for previous events to register. Handshake will prompt you to verify your account and set up a new password.
- First-time users and those who have forgotten their password: Look for options to set up account and/or reset password.
- Existing profiles are tied to the contact person who was listed in previous Career Days. You will need to link your personal profile to your company. You will be prompted to search for your company name. New registrants – please complete an employer account profile.
- On the gray menu to the left, click on the “Fairs” link, and on the following screen, search for fairs at University of Tennessee, Knoxville. Click on “2024 University of Tennessee College of Architecture + Design Career Day”
- Please make sure to indicate your logistical preferences for setting up, electrical access needs, whether you will attend the Thursday reception as well as any dietary restrictions. These items can be found immediately following the selection of a Standard or Premium table package.
- If you are having difficulty with any of the above, please contact Bukky Abdul in UT’s Center for Career Development at 865-974-5435 / email@example.com