April 30, 2020 A+A Move-Out Resumes in May 2020
Students who need to remove their items from the studios in the Art + Architecture Building now can request a date and time to do so. Move-out times will take place May 4-May 24, 2020, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., following UT’s strict protocols related to COVID-19 and in alignment with UT Housing’s move-out plan.
Students should follow these steps to request a time to move out:
Step 1: Schedule your Move-Out
- Move-out times are available May 4-May 24, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Request your move-out by completing our easy online request form (see below). For students who live on campus/in Greek housing, the date of the A+A move-out should align with your housing move-out date/time.
- Watch for a confirmation e-mail from the college confirming your date and time. Your date and time are not confirmed until you receive the e-mail. The confirmation e-mail also provides move-out details. If you don’t receive a confirmation e-mail within a day of requesting your date and time, please contact Sherri at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We will allow 10 students per floor/assigned studio space per 90-minute time slot.
- Priority in scheduling will be given in this order: 1) Students scheduled to move out of UT residence halls or Greek housing; 2) Students from outside of the region; 3) Graduating students; 4) All others
Step 2: Prepare for your Move-Out
- Bring your VolCard. You will need it to access the A+A.
- Print and bring your confirmation e-mail or have it handy on your phone.
- Bring face masks for you and your move-out helper. Face masks are necessary on campus.
- Before traveling to campus, read the information about COVID-19 found in your confirmation e-mail and below.
Step 3: Move Out During your Scheduled Time
- Enter and stay in the building only at your scheduled time.
- You can bring up to one person to help collect and move your belongings. The name of this person will be collected on the move-out request form.
- Social distancing must be observed.
- Do not park at loading dock while collecting belongings.
- Enter the building at the east or west ground doors, and use the stairs to access studios. Exit through the loading dock or west ground doors.
- Use only approved carts for moving items. They will be located at the loading dock. Please return the carts to the loading dock for other students to use. Please do not use rolling chairs, tables, etc., to move items.
- Observe only two people (you and your helper) at a time in the elevator. For efficient use of the elevator, use the stairwells.
- Use the cleaning wipes available at main entrances as possible to help keep touch surfaces clean (hand rails, buttons in elevators, door knobs, etc.).
- Use only the restrooms on the second floor. Other restrooms are closed.
No work will be thrown away.
If you are not able to get here to remove your items from studio, nothing will be thrown away. Your work and belongings will remain where they are.
Step 4: Review Information about COVID-19
- Below and in your confirmation e-mail, you will find critically important information about COVID-19, symptoms of the disease and when to delay/reschedule your move-out. Please be sure to read the information carefully before arriving on campus for your scheduled move-out.
Important COVID-19 Information
Before attending your scheduled move-out:
- Be aware of the symptoms now associated with COVID-19 infection, which include these: Fever (temp. >100.3 F), cough and shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, chills, repeated shaking with chills and muscle pain, headache, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell.
- If you have any of these symptoms or are feeling sick, rather than proceeding with your scheduled move-out, please stay home, limit contact with others and contact your health care provider or, if needed, your local emergency room. The College of Architecture and Design/School of Art will work with you on re-scheduling a move-out time when you are better.
- If you fall into one of the following specific categories, per CDC guidelines, you are required to self-isolate for at least 14 days before participating in activities that will place you in contact with others:
- Anyone with symptoms of possible COVID-19 infection as outlined above or known to be positive for COVID-19 infection.
- Anyone who has had close contact with someone known to be diagnosed with COVID-19. Close contact means you were within about six feet of a person diagnosed with COVID-19 for a prolonged period of time (i.e., more than a few minutes). Close contact can occur while caring for, living with, visiting or sharing a health care waiting area or room with a COVID-19 case. Close contact also means having direct contact with secretions (typically coughs and sneezes) from a person with COVID-19 case.
- Anyone arriving back in the US after traveling in another country.
- Anyone arriving from a cruise ship (ocean or river).
- Anyone traveling from areas/cities within the U.S. where community spread of COVID-19 is ongoing, must check with state or local authorities where they are located and along their planned route to learn about local circumstances and any restrictions after travelling from or through those areas/cities.
- If you are in one of these categories, rather than proceeding with your scheduled move-out, please stay home, limit contact with others, and contact your health care provider or, if needed, your local emergency room. University Housing will work with you on re-scheduling a move-out time when it is safer for you to do so.
During your scheduled move-out:
- Make sure you practice good hygiene, including
- Washing your hands w/soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol, esp. after touching frequently used items/surfaces
- Avoiding touching your face
- Using appropriate sneeze/cough etiquette
- Wearing a face covering. Wear a face covering when out in public or when social distancing is not possible, including times of brief interaction with others. Everyone on campus is requested to wear a face covering.
- If you need to reschedule your move-out time, please call 865-974-3232 or 865-974-9786 and leave a detailed message including your name and phone number. You will receive a call back.
- If you have questions, call 865-974-3232 or 865-974-9786, M-F, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., to leave a detailed message and a number at which you can be reached, or e-mail Sherri Kastens at email@example.com.
- VolCard not working or emergency while on campus? Call UT Police at 865-974-3114.