March 19, 2020 CANCELLED _ Studio Move-Out Procedure in Response to Coronavirus
NOTE: This procedure is no longer in effect. Watch for updates.
Students, thank you for your positivity and patience as we all work to adjust to changes.
Following direction from UT leaders, we are working to eliminate the spread of COVID-19 by controlling the number of people in the A+A at one time. For the health of staff, faculty and other students, as well as those you come into contact with later, it’s critical that you follow this procedure to remove your items from studios in the A+A for the remainder of the spring 2020 semester.
Procedure for Removing Personal Belongings from A+A Studios
- Between 9 a.m.-5 p.m., March 19-March 27, call 865-974-3232 or 865-974-9786 to schedule your time to gather your personal belongings in the Art + Architecture Building. We are trying to have all belongings removed by April 10, if possible.
- Social distancing will be observed, and scheduled number of people in the building must be observed.
- Priority is given to students moving out of residence halls and Greek housing and to students who live out of the area.
- The staff member who will help you on the phone will ask for the following:
- Where you are calling from
- If you have a reservation for campus move-out
- Date and time you are requesting for A+A move-out
- Studio floor
- Cell number
- Email address
- Studio professor
- Course name and number
- Date and time will be scheduled on the phone, but your date and time will not be confirmed until you receive an e-mail from us.
- An e-mail with procedures and times will be sent to you very soon after the phone call. Look for and print this e-mail or keep it handy on your phone.
- The e-mailed procedure will tell you how to enter the building, exit the building, use the elevator and observe social distancing protocols. That procedure also is below.
- Bring your VolCard to access the building.
If you have problems or questions or need to reschedule, please call 865-974-3232 or 865-974-9786, between 9 a.m.-5 p.m., M-F.
Details of Move-Out:
- Don’t forget your VolCard. You will need it to access the building.
- Print your e-mail reservation and carry it with you during A+A move-out or have it handy on the phone.
- We will allow 10 students per floor/assigned studio space per 90-minute time slot.
- Your move-out time will be between 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- One person in the building per reservation.
- Observe social distancing 6’ protocols.
- DO NOT PARK AT LOADING DOCK WHILE COLLECTING BELONGINGS.
- Only enter and stay in the building at reserved times.
- Enter the building at the east or west ground doors, and use the stairs to access studios.
- Use only approved carts for moving items. They will be located at the loading dock. If they are not at the loading dock, they are in use.
- OBSERVE ONLY ONE PERSON AT A TIME IN THE ELEVATOR.
- Exit through the loading dock or west ground doors.
- For efficient use of the elevator, use the stairwells whenever possible when removing belongings.
- Please ask any friends or family who are helping you load your vehicle to remain outside of the building.
Students, thank you for your help with this procedure. We’re all in this together, and together, we’ll be stronger.