- This event has passed.
Black History Month Design Competition
February 10 @ 8:00 am - February 28 @ 5:00 pm
Everyone in the Art + Architecture Building is invited to participate in the college’s Black History Month activities, including a design competition (through Feb. 28) and panel discussion (Feb. 25). Check out the details about the design competition and learn more about Black History Month.
Design Competition, Feb. 8-28
- Four prompts are shared here (see below), on Instagram and in sketchbook that address the issues of systemic racism, social justice, diversity and inclusion in design.
- Students, faculty and staff can choose one or more prompts and get creative to make change!
- Entries are due 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, Feb. 28.
- The design competition is open to all faculty, staff and students in the A+A Building.
- Physical and digital submissions are allowed and must be submitted via e-mail to email@example.com.
- Physical submissions (painting, model, sculpture or any other physical creation) must be photographed to be entered.
- Each digital submission must be contained to a maximum 30″ x 30″ artboard and not exceed 10MB.
- Multiple entries per person are allowed and welcome.
- E-mails containing entries must include the following:
- Person’s name and e-mail address
- Role (Student, Faculty, Staff)
- Jurors will review submissions in early March.
- Winners will be chosen and awarded cash prizes.
- A People’s Choice Award will be awarded through social media vote.
- Selected works will be exhibited in a Black History Month exhibit in March.
To enrich the celebration and inspiration, the prompts for the design competition are framed by themes using facts about Black historical figures.
Also find the prompts below as well as on the college’s Instagram (@utkcoad) and in sketchbook e-newsletter.
There is no limit to what your mind can conceive and you can create.
- February 10 @ 8:00 am
- February 28 @ 5:00 pm