- Ph.D. Architecture, University of California, Los Angeles
- M.Arch., Architecture, University of California, Los Angeles
- M.A., Archaeology, Durham University, Durham, UK
- B.A., Humanities/Music, University of Southern California
Expertise & Interests
- Northern New Spain: architecture, landscape, social history, interiority
- Vernacular architecture
- Expanded modes of historical research, interpretation, and storytelling
- IARC 275 – People, Spaces, Experiences & Politics
- IARC 276 – Context/Concept/Input/Interaction
- IARC 425 | ARCH 523 – Research Methods for Designers
- IARC 425 | ARCH 523 – Interior Perspectives on Art
- Saldaña, Marie. “Procedural Magnesia,” 2018.
- Saldaña, Marie. “Cave and City: A Procedural Reconstruction of the Urban Topography of Magnesia on the Maeander.” UCLA, 2015.
- Saldaña, Marie. “An Integrated Approach to the Procedural Modeling of Ancient Cities and Buildings.” Digital Scholarship in the Humanities 30, Suppl.1 (2015): 48–63.
- Saldaña, M., and C. Johanson. “Procedural Modeling for Rapid-Prototyping of Multiple Building Phases.” ISPRS – International Archives of the Photogrammetry, Remote Sensing and Spatial Information Sciences XL-5/W1 (February 13, 2013): 205–10.