March 1, 2021 Neyland Stadium is Site for Spring 2021 Commencement
For the first time in UT’s history, commencement will take place in Neyland Stadium. Commencement for our college will take place at three times:
- For graduate students: Friday, May 7, 2021, 4 p.m.
- For undergraduate students: Saturday, May 8, 2021, 10 a.m.
- Graphic Design students: Sunday, May 9, 2021, 1 p.m.
Graduate Students: May 7, 2021, 4 p.m.
- Students in our graduate programs—graduate Architecture and Landscape Architecture—will participate with all other UT graduate students. You will wear your hood to this May 7 ceremony.
Undergraduate Students: May 8, 2021, 10 a.m.
- Students in our undergraduate programs—Architecture and Interior Architecture—will participate with three other colleges: Communication and Information; Social Work; and Tickle College of Engineering. You will be hooded at this May 8 ceremony.
Graphic Design Students: May 9, 1 p.m.
- Students in Graphic Design will participate with the College of Arts and Sciences because the 2021 class is still officially part of that college.
Fall 2020 Graduates:
- Students who graduated in fall 2020 who did not participate in the November commencement and wish to participate in the spring 2021 commencement will have the opportunity to do so. Read the details e-mailed to you from UT in early March.
Graduating students who intend to participate in commencement must register to do so by using the registration link e-mailed in early March. Registration closes April 1.
Health and Safety
To ensure health and safety for all, UT will put into place protocols related to the coronavirus pandemic, including requiring tickets for guests, limiting the number of guests, assigning seating, ensuring social distancing, requiring masks, restricting hand shaking and more.
Hear Your Name in Neyland
Spring 2021 graduates will be seated on the field, and friends and family will be in the iconic structure’s stands. The ceremonies will happen rain or shine. Don’t miss this chance to hear your name announced in Neyland Stadium.
Graduating students should read all of the details, including tickets, parking, guest entry, graduate entry, security, webcasting, health and safety protocols, accessibility accommodations, Grad Finale and more details at the official UT commencement website, in college e-mails and on the college’s commencement webpage. Also read the Frequently Asked Questions document.
Watch commencement live (link coming soon)
Graduating Students’ Exhibition
As UT works to provide a safe in-person commencement, we are working to try to schedule an in-person exhibition of graduating students’ work to coincide with the weekend of commencement, May 7-9. Watch for details soon.