March 16, 2021 Summer Camp Introduces the Power of Design
Our all-virtual, all-amazing Summer Design Camp is set for weekdays July 12-23, 2021. Design camp will transport high school students into the world of graphic design, industrial design, interior architecture and architecture…from the scale of the object to the city. Learn more about camp.
Summer Design Camp is for high school students who believe design transforms the world, who are inspired by architecture or who use games to design spaces or buildings. It is for high schoolers who use digital creativity to make a difference in the world and know that both technology and drawing by hand can be powerful tools to create, communicate and collaborate.
No design experience is required to attend this amazing camp that brings architecture, interior architecture and graphic design to life. Early registration means lower cost, and scholarships are available. Register today.
Campers will experience and learn from exciting activities during the 10-day camp (all while never leaving home):
- Attend faculty-led virtual studios every day
- Learn foundational design principles including color, pattern, space, form and composition
- Experience 2D and 3D analog and digital representation techniques
- Learn how to communicate information and ideas
- Discuss theory, history, technology and professional practice
- Hear lectures from faculty and guests
- Meet other future designers from across the nation and world
- Get a glimpse into design education at the University of Tennessee!
Every day during design camp, campers will meet virtually with award-winning faculty and upperclass students who will guide them through design exercises and projects. On the last day, campers will present their work in a final review, just like students do each semester in the College of Architecture and Design.
And just because camp is online doesn’t mean campers won’t get their hands dirty. Everyone who registers receives a kit of supplies filled with materials and tools campers will need for the 10 days of design.
Details including costs, scholarships, camp content and schedule are at archdesign.utk.edu/study/summer-design-camp.