Apply to Master of Architecture

UT Graduate School Application

  1. Apply through the UT Graduate School. For international graduate student application procedures, see the Admission Guide for International Students.
  2. Submit directly to the UT Graduate School:
    1. UT Graduate School application
    2. Official transcripts of all college and university coursework
    3. A portfolio
    4. A GRE score
    5. A TOEFL score (international students only; see the Admissions Guide for Graduate International Students)

Questions? Feel free to contact Avigal Sachs, Architecture Graduate Studies Chair, at or 865-974-3284, to discuss any questions you have about our graduate degrees and programs.


Dual Degree: Master of Architecture + Master of Landscape Architecture

Students wishing to apply for the dual degree, Master of Architecture + Master of Landscape Architecture, should complete applications to both the MLA and 3G or the 2G M.Arch program indicating that they are interested in the dual degree.


  • A discussion or meeting with the Director of the School of Architecture, Jason Young, is highly encouraged. You may contact Vanessa Arthur,, to arrange a meeting.
  • All candidates are encouraged to attend the Fall or Spring Graduate Open House.